If you are a freshman and you came to school with the same backpack you used in middle school then the best backpack for high school freshman post is really for you.
Deciding between a fashionable backpack and one that suits your educational needs could be stressful and tasking and there is a need for someone that has been in your shoes before to put you through.
Moreover, if you are in the honors class like I was in high school and your locker is in the basement, a heavy backpack is definitely not a good choice for you.
Therefore, Lightvisit team has conducted thorough research and came up with this detailed post on the best backpack for high school freshman.
What is the Best Backpack for High Schoolers?
The best backpack for high school freshman is a backpack that can accommodate your laptop, books, lunch, phones, music box and gym clothe yet still comfortable to carry without causing backache.
However, there are different types of a backpack for high school – laptop backpack, Anti-theft backpack, rolling backpack, everyday carry, and sports backpack.
Frankly, every of this backpack is suitable for high school but there are other factors to decide on the best backpack for high school freshman.
Contained in this informational post are the factors we used to decide the best backpack for high school.
Popular Backpack For High School Boys and Girls
Out of every 100 students in high school, 30 of the students use this backpack. Here is why;
- The backpack comes in several prints and patterns that are cool for both guys and girls
- It contains a roomy compartment that is capable of carrying everything you need for school
- Both the shoulder strap and the back panel are padded hence comfort is guaranteed
- Jansport backpack is well rated amidst high school students worldwide.
What is a Good Size Backpack for High School?
The size of your backpack really matters in high school but yet it depends on the amount of load you want to carry to school.
Although, I don’t encourage oversized bags which will later cause you back pains, therefore, the average size we recommend is 15” to 18.5”.
Since a lot of students now go to school with a laptop and other electronic materials there is a need to get a backpack that can accommodate all your essentials.
But don’t forget the best backpack for high school freshman is a backpack that contains all your school essentials, fits well on your back and light enough to carry around.
Recommended Post – 20 Best backpacks for Disney World
How to Choose the Best Backpack for High School Freshman
Water-Resistant Backpack or Waterproof Backpack
As a freshman, you will carry your backpack with you all the time, one of the major things you want to avoid is a downpour.
Obviously, you wouldn’t want your books or laptop soaked, therefore, a waterproof or water-resistant backpack is a good prevention plan.
However, a waterproof backpack prevents water entry than a water-resistant backpack.
Most students get a backpack based on beauty and don’t really care about durability. Except you plan on replacing your backpack every semester then you go for a rugged and durable back that will last you through your stay in high school.
Continuously focus on the nature of the zippers – a metal zipper is sturdier than a plastic zipper. Likewise, check if the straps are tightly fixed and also make sure the backpack can be washed with a machine.
If you will be going to school with a laptop and other electrical gadgets, you want to get a backpack with a laptop compartment and security options.
An anti-theft backpack gives you a variety of features like secret pockets, splash proof design, locks, and hidden zippers.
Whenever you are searching for the best backpack for high school freshman, security should be one of your major criteria.
If you want a quality backpack then go for a well-priced backpack. Although, there are cheap backpacks for people under budget they might not be padded and may lack other ergonomic backpack features.
If you are planning to use your backpack through your high school year then you should go for a durable backpack.
Recommended Post – 25 Best Backpacks for College Students with Laptops
Top 10 Best Backpacks for High School
Under Armour Hustle 3.0 Backpack
The first bag on our list of 10 best backpacks for high school freshman is the Under Armour Hustle backpack. This backpack is tough and durable for all hassle of the first year in high school.
Also, the backpack comes with a compartment for a 15” laptop, comfortable padded shoulder strap, and water-resistant material.
Multi-compartments – Large enough to store everything you need
Tough and durable
Two side water bottle pockets
High Sierra XBT TSA Laptop Backpack
The High Sierra XBT backpack is a cool backpack for high school has it contains more than 10 compartments for packing your accessories. This backpack is TSA friendly and comes with a lightweight feature.
Additionally, the backpack comes with a suspension strap shoulder strap, sternum strap and airflow back panel.
TSA friendly design
Reinforced padded grab handle
Front panel accessory pocket with monster clip
The backpack is stitched poorly
AmazonBasics Classic Backpack – Black, 24-Pack
If you are one of those that like small backpacks for school then the AmazonBasics Classic Backpack is the best backpack for you. The backpack might look small but the inner compartment is big enough to contain all your school supplies.
Also, the backpack comes with a lightweight feature and can also be converted to a carry-on bag making it the best backpack for high school freshman.
Additionally, the backpack has two exterior side pockets complementing the three zippered sections. You can use the side pocket to hold your water bottle, pens, and other accessories as the pocket comes with closure.
Lightweight and handy
Double zipper on the main compartment
Padded shoulder straps
No chest strap or waist strap
JanSport Superbreak Backpack – Classic, Ultralight
The JanSport backpack is a popular backpack amidst high school students because of the sleek design, size, and durability. Since Jansport is known for good quality, you can be sure this backpack will last you throughout your high school year.
Also, the ultralight backpack is not just light but comes with a water-repellant feature which makes it the best backpack for high school.
Front zipper pocket & padded shoulder straps
Comes in 30 different colors
The North Face Unisex Recon Squash (Youth)
North face unisex recon squash backpack is produced specifically for the youth making it a perfect high school backpack. The large main compartment can hold all your books and school accessories.
Also, the backpack comes with a zippered pocket, internal mesh pocket, and side mesh water bottle pockets. The shoulder straps are padded making it comfortable to carry for a long period of time.
Padded shoulder straps and sternum strap
Small and easy to carry
Reflective safety piping for visibility
No laptop compartment
Dakine – Duel 26L Backpack – Padded Laptop & iPad Sleeve – Insulated Cooler Pocket – Mesh Side Pockets – 19″ x 12″ x 9″
The Dakine backpack is an awesome backpack for high school has it comes with a lot of space and external carry strap for skateboard or jacket.
Also, the Dakine backpack has a padded shoulder strap, sternum strap and an insulated cooler pocket for your lunch. You can be sure this backpack is designed with the intent of high school freshman.
Padded laptop compartment
Insulated cooler storage
Skateboard or Jacket straps
Adjustable sternum straps
The backpack is designed poorly
Laptop Backpacks, Canvas Backpack with USB Charging Port, Travel Rucksack Bag for 17 inches Laptop, Men, Women
This laptop backpack by Folur is a multipurpose backpack that can be used in school and outside of school. The backpack has a padded compartment for laptop or tablet, waterproof material and lot of pockets to hold all your accessories.
Additionally, the backpack comes with an external USB port with built-in charging cable. You can also carry the backpack comfortably has it comes with fully padded shoulder straps and ergonomic sternum strap.
Shoulder straps and sternum strap
USB charging port
The charging port does not come with a power source
Polare Rustic Full Grain Leather 15.6″ Laptop Backpack Travel Bag Schoolbag Adventure Bag
For lovers of leather bags and quality Italian designs, the Polare Rustic laptop backpack is a great choice. The high-quality durable backpack is well stitched and comes with a padded laptop pocket.
Also, the large central compartment has two magnet catches on the flap for security purpose. The compartment is large enough to accommodate all your books and school accessories.
Coupled with the zippered compartment are two side sleeves for water bottle and sunglasses.
Tough and durable
The shoulder straps are not padded
Iswee Leather 16” Laptop Backpack Vintage Travel Rucksack Overnight Weekender Bag School Daypack
Here is another leather backpack for high school with high quality. The backpack is made of stainless steel which makes it wear resistant and durable.
Also, the backpack comes with a strong handle and sturdy straps. The shoulder straps are made with leather pad and thick clothes making it comfortable to carry.
Additionally, the backpack has a lot of compartment to hold your laptop, tablet documents, books and every other accessory you want to pack. This is not just a backpack but a vintage backpack.
Pin buckle on the main belt
Magnet snap pocket
The backpack is heavy
Luufan Men’s Full Grain Italian Leather Backpack,15.6inch Laptop Bag Daypack Large Capacity for School Outdoors Travel Unisex
The last on our list of the best backpack for high school freshman is the Luufan Italian leather backpack. This backpack is known for its quality and durability. I like the backpack particularly for its design; it’s not like every other school backpack.
Also, it contains every cool feature of other backpacks like multi-compartment, roomy compartment, thick leather and so on.
Recommended Post – Best Backpacks for Back Pain and Shoulder Pain in 2019
How to Organize your Backpack for High School
Congratulations! You are now in high school but are you behaving like one yet. Gone are the days of messy backpacks, your parents or sibling won’t be helping you to arrange your backpack again.
Therefore, the Lightvisit team has put together the tips to organize your backpack throughout high school.
Make sure you get a backpack with multiple compartments and if you are using an existing backpack you should unpack the bag and clean it.
Check your timetable and organize your books according to the timetable. Don’t just pack books you don’t need in your backpack.
Make use of every pocket to hold all your items. The laptop should be kept in the laptop compartment; your books should also be in a separate compartment. Phone, money, ID card and keys should also be kept in their pockets.
Keep all your papers in a folder. Your assignment paper, project paper and other rough papers should be kept neatly in a folder before keeping it in the bag.
Lastly, cross check if you have all the necessary materials for the day in your backpack before closing it up.
What Should I Pack for High School?
- Books (workbook and textbooks)
- Diary and Folders
- Two-pocketed pencil case for pencils, pens, ruler, eraser, highlighter, colored pencils, marker(s), sticky notes, tape, scissors, glue, compass, protractor, etc.
- Flash drive (USB stick)
- Lunchbox and water bottle
- Money, ticket or pass
- ID card and house key
- Cellphone and laptop
- Tissues, medical needs
- Hand sanitizer, lip balm and sanitary pad
- Check here for more info
Best by Category
Best Waterproof Backpack
Why You Should Pick It
For Pupils who walk into class, frequently finding themselves operating with their backpacks through rain increased over their heads, so a waterproof bag makes sure that novels and electronic equipment do not get soaked. They’re also an excellent alternative for students who like weekend experiences.
Hikpro Packable Backpack
Students who want a bag that works for both college and activities, the Hikpro Packable Backpack is a fantastic selection. It’s affordable, made from resistant substances, and can be folded for travel or storage. The waterproofing works nicely, keeping everything all 20L of it.
Why We Recommend It
- The pack is cheap which reviewers love.
- Made from nylon material won’t rip or tear like some other bags. Additionally, it includes a metallic zipper.
- The pack may be and is packable Folded up little.
- Effective waterproofing. It prevents and protects your backpack from moisture and water.
- The pack can hold 20L of things and features Lots of Compartments for coordinating. There are three compartments, and a single access exterior pocket combined with two mesh pockets for a water jar.
- Comfortable to wear. The straps on the bag are broad enough to support the weight of what is packed inside, and they breathe nicely.
Best Anti-Theft Backpack
Why You Should Pick It
This Sort of backpack Is Excellent for discouraging pickpockets as a Result of concealed pockets for valuables and zippers which are hard to unzip fast and stealthily
Oscaurt Anti-Theft Backpack
The Oscaurt Anti-theft Backpack is a good pick for students. Hidden zippers are hard demand and also to spot effort since they’re tucked below a bit of cloth to start than a zipper. Additionally, it is safe to control electronic equipment without being vulnerable to other people because they may be charged.
Why We Recommend It
- Simple accessibility. Reviewers love the tote opens broad, so getting Stuff outside and in of this 12L tote is a breeze.
- Convenient Charging. While they are safe because of some nifty charging interface, Things could be charged.
- Hidden zipper protects valuables. A bigger pocket and the pocket attribute zippers. They are sturdy so that it’s not simple to sew the bag undetected to find.
- Sleek, contemporary look.
- High-quality fabric. EVA cloth covers the outside of the bag. The tote includes reflective strips and holds its shape.
Best Laptop Backpack
Why You Should Pick It
Laptop Backpacks feature pockets to fit electronics from computers that are mobile to tablets. Most are ready to match a conventional 15-inch notebook, as well as the sleeves which contain the devices that are precious feature some type of padding. The packs have room for accessories and therefore can safeguard PC, although most backpacks have a compartment.
OGIO Renegade RSS Laptop Backpack
The OGIO Renegade RSS Notebook Backpack was created using a model of how people love technology. The bag has room for necessary accessories, tablet computer, and a notebook. So electronics remain protected, and the pack was created. There is a compartment for keeping breakable products that are personal. It is a fantastic alternative.
Why We Recommend It
- A lot of space Sorts of accessories. The pack is dotted with compartments to keep additional notebook accessories. There is even a pocket created for e-readers or tablet computers.
- Fits larger laptops. Laptop bags match around 15-inch notebooks. The OGIO has space for devices around 17-inches (like the casing).
- Protective design. The backpack includes a unique suspension system that can help if the bag is lost protect devices. Compartments are also padded to protect what is inside.
- Comfortable to wear. Since they make it simple to transfer heavy loads reviewers such as the padded straps.
- Or won’t tear. The bag is made with durability in mind and features proof material.
Best Sport Style Backpack
Why You Should Pick It
This kind Includes a more sports styling. These Backpacks are best for students who are in the fitness center at the end of a study session. Some sports backpacks possess particular laundry pockets to keep wet or smelly clothing, and many are coated in tear-resistant cloth
Under Armour Storm Hustle II Backpack
The Under Armour Storm Hustle II Backpack is a fantastic selection for students who do not have the time to run home to get a change of clothing after athletic college pursuits. The bag is capable of a notebook and books and has space for clothes. HeatGear straps create the backpack comfortable to wear, and a great deal of storage space makes it effortless to arrange schoolwork and exercise equipment.
Why We Recommend It
- Great size. The backpack features Lots of space for publications And includes a gentle slot for notebooks of around 15-inches.
- Reviewers find the backpack Simple to transport because it To anything has been lugged around, Does not add weight.
- Durable construction. The pack is Made from nylon and polyester, and the Bottom of the tote is resistant to wear.
- A lot of pockets. You will find just eight pockets on this bag: 3 pockets And five to the exterior.
- Comfortable to wear. The tote features HeatGear straps which are flexible and assist with air flow useful on warm days or if carrying a heavy load.
- Simple to wash. Reviewers like this the bag can be thrown into Wash and look good.
- Water-resistant. A UA Storm Tech exterior makes the tote water repellent.
Best Vintage Style Backpack
Why You Should Pick It
For fashion, this student backpacks do not appear to be a book bag. They are given a superior look which works for college or casual outings by attention to detail on those bags.
BLUBOON Vintage Backpack
The BLUBOON Vintage Backpack is ideal for students that are searching for something from the ordinary. A bit than bookbags, the BLUBOON backpack is appealing, yet assembled with durability in mind. The pack has room for novels and a notebook and features.
Why We Recommend It
- Reasonable Price tag. The pack includes numerous color choices that are muted.
- Nice classic look. The canvas and leather building supplies a design with drawstring closure and a back.
- According to reviewers, the bag’s leather structure is highly durable. The pack also has straps which may encourage a pocket and high-quality zippers.
- Adjustable straps. The straps are long enough to accommodate pupils of shapes and all sizes.
- A Great Deal of storage space. The 22.6L tote has various inner pockets and front zip pockets, also. The large drawstring compartment comes with a 15-inch laptop sleeve.